Over the last several Annual Conferences, the APA Virginia Chapter has highlighted resiliency, innovation, integration and evaluation, and future communities. For 2018, we will turn the focus inward on us as planners (including local elected and appointed officials). Planners play a pivotal role as agents of change in their communities. We serve our communities as: advocates, policy setters, designers, environmentalists, preservationist, engineer, data analysts and code enforcers. Planners, more so than other profession, have a“mountain of influence” over the planning for and realization of a community’s potential. Planners are shaping the future of the Commonwealth every day.
Benefits of Attending the APA Virginia Annual Chapter Conference:
· Sharing best practices in planning theory, design, civic engagement and leadership from around the Commonwealth with your peers!
· Learning a new skill and improving your personal planner toolbox with deep dive (2.5 hours) and workshop sessions.
· Earning between 16 and 22 CM credits for AICP and FAICP members, including the required 1.5 CM for legal and ethics credits.
· Networking with new colleagues and old peers and connecting with the next generation of planners through student and new professional mentoring opportunities.
· Discounted rates of attendance through June 30th!